JJ

JJ
Go Jimmie, go Chad, go 48 team!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Maximizing Your Post: 00 & MWR / Trouble with CE

Today I needed to combine two topics into one. I know, I know very different issues going on. But it seems I need to say my peace.
I was so excited for 00 and MWR for the Cup win at Chicago but also for the vindication for Mr. Reutimann and the team. This is a legitimate win, no question about that. Then my joy stopped or rather interrupted by troubling events at Gateway NWS last weekend. I know we all saw it and yes what does that have to with 00? Those guys had anything to do with that. It made me stop and think about the sport we love so much. I needed a few days to digest what I saw on Saturday. I didn't read any blogs, I didn't talk to anyone about it (save my partner in crime XAXA).
I have always liked Carl Edwards. Admired his driving and his dedication to his family. I didn't believe the naysayers, him not being a good guy, that it's an act. After my few days of reflection this is what I've come to, I still believe he is a good guy and that's what troubles me the most. CE is a smart driver, a veteran driver and knows the risks. Someone could have been gravely injured. Yes there are always risks and I'm no lawyer but I know what I saw and it was intent. I'm left feeling upset & sadden but, but also hopeful.
The hopeful takes me back to why the two posts in one. I was letting the poor judgment of a driver I admire interfere with my joy for DR and MWR and the sport itself.
What I know is 00 & MWR can build off this and what I've learned and hope CE will to is we're lucky with the out come and what I've discovered is don't forget the joy.

2 comments:

  1. I have been searching for ways for CE to be in the right and it is hard to see. But this, as Max says, should not take away from the fun of Nascar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're waiting to hear what NASCAR has to say. What I want to hear from CE is "I went to far".

    ReplyDelete